French programs for high school grades (our 2nde, 1ère and Culture Générale classes)
The classes of The French Heritage for the high school grades are developed to enable students to enrich their oral and written knowledge of French and in particular to maintain grade level in the following areas:
- read and analyze literary works and texts of all kinds,
- reason and argue from different angles,
- develop and deepen their taste and interest for the culture of francophone countries.
The most advanced classes follow the programs of the French national education system.
For more information about these programs that are offered for 9th through 11th grade, at the beginning of each school year, parents will received a detailed description of the curriculum of the grades that their children are enrolled in.
Culture Generale class
This class is offered to 11th and 12th graders.
- presents the great classical writers and artists who have influenced our western civilization,
- allows student to discuss some philosophical questions that are relevant to life in the 21st century,
- aims to summarize the history of political ideas
- adresses current civilizational issues from an historic point of view.
The goal is to prepare students for oral exams at the college level and to help them better understand the world around them by giving them keys to understand the origins of contemporary political issues.
Students in high-school can also prepare and study for different French exams such as:
To register for these classes, please contact us here.
Return to the Program overview page